Monday, November 13, 2006

Passion or Obligation?




Drawing used to be my favourite past time. NOW? Eversince i got a position in Lasalle-sia, i have been questioning myself. Is drawing and painting still my passion or is it more of an obligation now? Regardless whether you have inspiration or not, you still have to draw, you still have to paint. I love to draw "death note" animation. That was in the past. As you can from the above picture, it is incomplete. The drawing was done way before the "death note" movie came out. I did not complete it, why? I could no longer draw during my free time because there isn't any more free time now. Even if there is, i would rather sleep that few more hours then to complete this poor drawing of mine. Haha. Pathetic isn't it. I got no choice. SIngapore is a place where paper qualification comes first, regardless whether you have talent or passion. It means shit if you don't have at least a degree. So what if u can draw or paint, it all boils down to the miserable piece of cert you need to produce when going for a job interview. Therefore, here am i, giving up my freedom and time for 4 years, in return for a damn degree cert.
What do you think? Passion or obligation?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

艺术, 是无约束的. 是种热忱. 有些人有, 有些无, 甚至半桶水. 方松自己, 无思索, 以天马行空的自然去表现出你个人独特的艺术.